Sometimes it can be difficult to fit in a full wet shave ritual. That’s where shaving sticks come in. Whether you’re traveling or just short on time at home, shaving sticks offer you the luxury of a wet shave while shaving off time. These sticks typically come in a tube and are applied directly to your face, saving you the step of building lather in a bowl. They also create mounds of lather quickly.
The key benefits of adding shaving sticks to your wet shaving arsenal:
You control the amount of product used –
Because you lather directly on your face, you have full control over how much you apply. When you lather in a shaving bowl, you might have a bit of leftover product that goes unused.
Foolproof lather, fast
– Shaving sticks are known for producing generous lather. Simply rub the stick on your wet face, work it in with a wet brush, and add more water as necessary. You’ll create mounds of lather with these simple steps.
Because shaving sticks lather so easily, we recommend them for any gentlemen who are still struggling with producing a lather using a brush and shaving bowl. They’re also great if you need to produce lather quickly.
Ease of use for head shavers
– The shaving stick’s ergonomic design – it’s a stick that fits comfortably in your hand – means it maneuvers nicely around your head.
You can use a softer brush
– Because soap doesn’t need to be picked up by the brush, you can use a softer or floppier brush.
No need to clean a bowl after you shave
– When you’re in a rush for time, this perk alone will save you a few minutes.
Application methods other than applying directly to your face:
Apply the shaving stick to the brush
– Wet the brush and rub it into the shaving stick. Then proceed to massage the brush into your skin. This method can be even faster than rubbing the stick directly on your face.
Lather the shaving stick in a bowl
– While the purpose of a shaving stick is to save you the trouble of using a bowl, some men may prefer shaving sticks to pucks or creams, but still like to use the bowl. In this case, simply shave off tiny slices of your shaving stick into the bowl. Do this with a small knife or even cheese grater.
Our product recommendations:
SHOP: 1. Palmolive for Men Classic Shave Stick
, 2. Speick Shaving Stick
, 3. D.R. Harris Shaving Stick
, 4. La Toja Shaving Stick