Bison products are true marvels of modern engineering' The Bison product line is designed, sourced and handcrafted in the U.S.A. Great care and research was put into the design, production and quality of all Bison products. Bison products really are designed for life!
We had the privilege of interviewing the owners of Bison and hear what really happens before their products get the stamp of approval.
1. Where are you located?
2. When did you start this business?
www.BisonMade.com was started in 2012.
3. What is Bison and when did you realize that this is what you wanted to do?
We are a manufacture of lifestyle accessories for me and we decided that manufacturing these types of products would be a goal in 2010.
4. Describe a few steps you took to make this happen.
We scoured the Los Angeles area for old factories and equipment to learn how great products were made the old fashioned way. Then we designed processes to utilize both old and modern equipment so we can make the high precision quality products.
5. How would you deal with a customer who didn't know what they wanted?
Inquire on taste and needs and inform them of the options.
6. What do you believe makes a quality product?
Good design and good raw materials.
7. Where do you get your inspiration?
I got my entrepreneurial inspiration from this book The man and his wonderful shaving device
. I drew an incredible amount of inspiration from the Gillette Safety Razor Company and how they operated throughout the 20th Century. They were a key stone of American Industrialism and high quality consumer products. Design inspirations come from random sources: morphology of trees, fish and various other species, rock formations and tail lights of high end cars.
8. Where can readers find out more about you and your work?
Website: Bison Made
Facebook: Bison Made
9. Where can we buy your product?
Bison Paddle Strop Razor Case
Bison + Max Sprecher Signature Straight Razor
Bison Maroon Shell Cordovan Leather Sharpening Strop